Skip to content
- The empowerment of teens and their families is the cornerstone of effective treatment.
- All adolescents are deserving of being treated with dignity and respect.
- The provision of services to adolescents is highly specialized and requires a unique knowledge base and skill set.
- It is our job to motivate teens and help them find value in their treatment experience.
- Adolescents should be engaged as full partners in the creation and implementation of their treatment plans.
- Family involvement is an important component of adolescent treatment and as such must be supported and encouraged.
- Treatment must focus on the emotional underpinnings of behaviors rather than simply focusing on behaviors themselves.
- Treatment must be reflective of real life to be transferable and sustainable.
- Treatment should be built on a teen’s strengths and interests.
- Good aftercare services are a natural and necessary component post treatment.